Is Storm Drain Cleaning the Same as Sewer and Drain Cleaning?
Storm drain cleaning and sewer and drain cleaning are not exactly the same. Sewer and drain cleaning is designed for many different aspects of your home, including your sinks, toilets, and tubs. Storm drain cleaning is specifically for your storm drain. Your storm drain is vital to the exterior of your home because it allows you to remove flooding water from your property and keep it away from your home. Drain and sewer cleaning allows you to keep water draining inside of your home.
Both of these services, however, are vital to your home maintenance. You may need sewer and drain cleaning more often because of the amount of use your internal plumbing system gets. But your outdoor storm drains keep large storms from flooding your home.
Which Is More Important: Storm Drain Services or Sewer and Drain Cleaning Services?
Each of these services is important, but they serve different functions. Inside your home, sewer and drain cleaning can be significantly important because problems may worsen and cause cracks and other issues. Storm drain cleaning, though, is important for other reasons. Here are some of the most important reasons to get storm drain services:
- Prevent flooding: Storm drains allow water to drain away from your property during storms. Imagine a storm in which you experience several inches of rain. Unfortunately, when a clog happens, the water from the storm doesn’t drain away from your home. Instead, it builds up on your property and allows the water to flood all over your property.
- Prevent extensive damage: One of the biggest dangers associated with flooding that can arise is damage to your property. Significant water can take over your home’s foundation, weakening your structure and creating ongoing problems. Water damage can also result in mildew buildup, mold, and other harmful problems.
- Reduce your expenses: The items and debris that clog your storm drain can also cause significant damage. If that happens, you will most likely have to spend exorbitantly getting repairs and getting everything back to normal. More storm drain cleanings keep you from having to pay for repairs more often than you’d like.
- Reduce bad odors: Think about the sludge and grime that can build up in your storm drain. It can smell pretty bad, especially when water builds pressure and pushes gases back up towards your property. Getting the storm drain cleaned can minimize the smells and reduce odors around your home.
In any case, both services are important. It’s vital to ensure you get the services that best suit your needs to protect your home and property. Either of them can be vital depending on what problems arise.
When Do I Need Storm Drain Services?
Knowing when to get storm drain services is important. There are a few times that storm drain services are necessary, and in some situations, you may want to get service as part of your regular maintenance. Here are two of the main times you should consider storm drain services:
- When you experience a storm and notice a problem: This is not an ideal scenario, but you may need to get storm drain cleaning the moment you notice a problem arise. For instance, if you start to see the water building up over the drain during a storm, it’s indicative of a storm. You should work quickly to get cleaning services so that you can clear the drain and start protecting your property.
- Before storm season hits: If you notoriously know when the storm season will hit, you can effectively prepare for what comes next. Cleaning your storm drain before the storm season hits allows you to ensure you’re getting maintenance services that keep your drain ready for whatever the weather has in store.
Getting the services you need is never a bad idea, even if it’s done to prevent a problem from occurring. The sooner you work on getting your storm drain cleaned, the better it is for your home to protect it from long-term damages.
How Often Do I Require Storm Drain Services?
It depends, honestly. There are many reasons that you may want to get storm drain services. Of course, you can wait each year until storms arise, and if something goes wrong, you call for a service. Or, you can make it part of your regular maintenance routine. You can get the storm drain cleaned every year right before the worst months of the year or choose to get it done twice a year so that you never have to worry. Keep in mind. The choice is yours. Speaking with an expert can help you decide when it’s best for you, but you want to be sure you are looking at all of your options when deciding what to do next.
Contact Our Expert Team Today
When you need an expert team for storm drain cleaning, you can rely on Atlanta Hydro Jetting. Customers have trusted our name for many years as they rely on us to get the job done right. We care about ensuring your home is in the best condition possible so that you can have peace of mind no matter the time of year. We’re here for you every step of the way.
Call us at (770) 284-3587 today!